Designing D Store

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Fun, $1 Movies

Houston, TX (2009) - If you have the privilege of staying home with your kids, a couple of theaters around the area offer Summer Children's Series. These are second run family and animated films for only a $1. Studio Movie Grill is our personal favorite, http://www.studiomoviegrill.com/summerseries_houston.html . AMC has a good offer too, http://www.amctheatres.com/smc/ .The movie times are early: Studio Move Grill - 11 am and AMC 10 am, but for kids this is a good time.

Studio Movie Grill is our favorite but more expensive. It is my favorite because of the seats. This is a dinner and movie theater and offers independent, rolling office chairs. Because there are moving chairs, I can position chairs to mark off a boundary to allow my Preschooler to play out of his chair. Allowing my Preschooler to move around, makes the movie experience better for everybody and is my Preschooler's favorite part.

My Grade Schooler's favorite part is the food. The food is where it gets expensive, but at least I only paid a $1 to get in. Anyway, you hit a button and a waiter comes to you and you can order popcorn, pizza, hamburgers or a number of other things. They do have a children's menu which helps keep some of the cost down. Sometimes to help costs, I feed my kids a snack before going, allow them a dessert (one to share) at the theater and then feed them lunch at home after the movie.

AMC is much cheaper and the movies are just as good. The seating is traditional movie theater which is tight and difficult for my Preschooler. The bonus for my Grade Schooler, again, is the food. They offer a "Kid's Pack" for $3 which includes popcorn, candy and a drink. What else do you need?

Beat the heat and enjoy family entertainment, we recommend $1 movies.

No comments: