Designing D Store

Thursday, October 29, 2009

God Changes Pumpkins, Part 1 (Salvation, Carved Pumpkin)

Halloween is coming with all it's creepy crawlies. What's a loving Christian to do? Bring a little light into the darkness, carve a Jack-o-Lantern, but not just an ordinary jack-o-lantern. I very special pumpkin that expresses God's love for us.

NOTE: This is Part 1, the poem. Tomorrow, the Bible verses that inspired the poem.

Poem: God Changes Pumpkins by Danika LaBrant, copyright 2009

My big round pumpkin shows me
Where I want to be
From faceless, full of mess-ups
God changes me
(Action: Present Pumpkin)

The first thing I must do
Ask God to make me new
Please God open my mind
Your truth I want to find
(Action: Carve off top lid)

The gooey slime inside
Confess my sins and do not hide
God forgives my ooey heart
He offers me a brand new start
(Action: Clean out pumpkin)

My clouded eyes I pray
The Lord will wipe away
So I may see the sight
What Jesus has made right
(Action: Carve eyes)

Open my ears to Your word
I want to be altered
The lessons Jesus taught
In practice, I want to rock
(Action: Carve ears)

To breath is to live
A life that God gives
To choose to believe
A greater gift I receive
(Action: Carve Nose)

Praise and Thanksgiving
From my mouth are coming
To others I will share
For them Jesus cares
(Action: Carve mouth)

My big round pumpkin shows me
Where Iwant to be
In me, through me, for all to see
God's love for all eternity
(Action: Add candle and present pumpkin)

No comments: