Designing D Store

Monday, February 28, 2011

God Can Use Me

So, I have set a goal to read "The Bible in 90 Days." That is the name of the book and it is the Bible just with headers every 12 pages to mark the start and stop of the reading for the day. Don't think I will finish in 90 days, but I am determined to do the reading anyway.

So, I have finished Genesis and Exodus officially and searched for words to share.  The story of Aaron keeps coming to mind.  Aaron was Moses brother. When Moses whined about public speaking and being the leader of the Israelites out of Egypt. God empowered Aaron to help Moses. Aaron spoke to the masses, to Pharaoh and performed some miracles.  When they were freed and wondering the wilderness, Aaron was still there doing the public speaking and serving God and Moses. When God and Moses had to have some quiet time to talk up on the mountain, Aaron was the one that watched over the people and served as leader.

God was so pleased with Aaron that he wrote on stone tablets that Aaron and his sons were to be priests. God gave great detailed instructions on how Aaron and his sons were to be readied for service, adorned in special garments and given a portion of the sacrifice.  But even as God was giving these lengthy instructions on how well to treat Aaron, Aaron was sinning against God.  The people had become restless and sinful and asked Aaron to create for them an idol to worship, and he did.  When Moses came down from the mountain, he broke the tablets and asked Aaron how he could do such a thing. Aaron was weak and admitted it.  He repented. After some punishment of the people and other events, Moses met with God again and again God detailed these elaborate instructions for the temple, for the priests including Aaron and the ten commandments.  It took some time, but the people got on track and followed the instructions and built the temple, or at that time it was a tent, and honored Aaron and his sons as the first official priests.

I suspect that is my life story too. Even as God is saying what a good and faithful child I am, I am sinning. Instead of inheriting my reward right away, I have to pay for my sins; I have to repent. I want to be a minister for God, to share His word and share His light in this world. But I am weak. I want the masses to like me. I don't want to present false idols, but will they like me if I don't.  In my heart, I know it does not matter if they like me. It matters if I serve God's will.

If Aaron, who saw God's miracles first hand, who survived great tragedy, who knew God personally, can falter and still get back up and serve God's plan. I suppose I can too. If God can forgive Aaron for such a grievance, God can forgive me.  If God can forgive and still use Aaron in his plan, then God can still use me.

No comments: