Designing D Store

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sexy Bible Characters

The Bible, the B-I-B-L-E, is a long book.  I have heard the Bible. I have read many parts of the Bible, but I have never read the whole thing cover to cover. Since I recently lost my job and have some time on my hands, I have decided it is time. I am through Genesis and anticipate finishing Exodus tomorrow, but what keeps going through my mind is Indiana Jones.

Now Harrison Ford, the actor who plays Indiana Jones in the movies, is one of my all time favorites with his quiet charm, sexy good looks and adventerous spirit. Now Indiana Jones, some of the movies were awesome and at least one should have been left on the cutting room floor, but still the romantic notion of it all stirs excitement within me.  So I am reading the Bible and I am getting the same feelings of quiet charm and sexy characters and fellings of adventure and wonder about the romance and excitement of the era.

Sexy Bible characters?  A romantic and exciting era? Yes, I have had some trouble with that too. But put aside your culturally developed stereotypes and think about how many children these guys had. The twelve tribes of Isreal were fathered by one man and then the head of each tribe fathered a nation. That is a lot of kids. An angry ogre would not swoon the ladies.  How exciting to see the birth of a civilization! But how dynamic these fathers had to be to bestow trust and loyalty among their budding nations.

Adventure, have you read the story of Moses? Wow!  What a plot! Baby survives the river to be adopted by a princess. The baby grows into a man who upon the revelation of his roots is thrown into a course of events that include murder, natural disasters, a mass exodus of people, miracles and face time with God himself.  He was a leader but a coward as well who had to utilize the talents of his brother to speak to the people.  How cool is that! God was miffed with Moses for all his whining, but God still found a way for Moses to do his job through his brother Aaron.  The moral of that story, you will fulfill your purpose in God's plan regardless of your fears and failings.

Aaron must have been just like Indiana Jones, charming, sexy and adventurous. Charming, he spoke with the masses and the masses believed and followed. Sexy, he had several sons, who like their father, were leaders and were eventually appointed priests by God himself. Adventerous, Aaron never complained or whined when Moses told him of Gods plans to send plagues instead of just leading them out of Egypt. He didn't complain when it was time to leave Egypt and walk through the dessert and the wilderness.  But why are there not stories of Aaron like there are stories of Moses? Perhaps because Aaron got so caught up in pleasing the people he was suppposed to be leading; he sinned against God by creating a golden calf and letting the people get out of control. The moral to that story, keep your eyes on God. Do not fall to pleasing people.

It is an exciting book, the Bible. I am glad for this time to read it cover to cover.  I hope you get time to enjoy the quiet charm of the characters and the sexy adventerous tales of their lives.

No comments: