Designing D Store

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Birth of a Ministry

Reviewing my blog, I have noticed a trail of ups and downs including the death of my grandmother, the death of my stepfather, and ups in steps of faith, kitchen science experiments and more.  I am befuddled by this path that I am on. I have felt an urge to enter ministry since I was a kid, but event after event has shown me I am not ready.  I have prayed for years for God to reveal His plan for me and to make it simple for I am a simple person.  I guess when my boss fired me last week; that was a pretty simple, "you are in the wrong place. get moving!"

So again I am faced with which path to take. Do I continue my pursuit to be a professional marketing person with expertise in copy writing and event planning? Do I pursue a career in ministry? Do I go back to school and get my teaching certificate?  What is God's plan for me?

Since I have some time on my hands and really want to get this right this time, I have decided to commit to read the "The Bible in 90 days" a Zondervan Bibles publication. I have finished Genesis and the whole thing about circumcision has struck me. So God tells Abraham in Genesis 17 for every male to be circumcised, young and old alike to seal the covenant between God and Abraham.   To seal a deal with God, a super good deal where they get a bunch of blessings, all the men say, "Sure."  I am not a man, but ouch.  But they did it and they were blessed.

Now later in Genesis 34, there is another story of circumcision that did not end well.  Jacob, the father of nations, also had a daughter named Dina who was violated by a man from the city of Shechem in Canaan.  Jacob was sad, but her brothers were furious. The brothers tricked the men of Shechem. They said if they all got circumcised then they would live peacefully among them and become one people sharing livestock and wealth.  The men of the city said, "Sure," and were all circumsiced. Now the brother's new of the pain of circumcision and on the third day after the procedure, the brother's entered the city and killed all the men who were still in pain from the circumcision.  I guess the moral of the story is if you desire to seal a deal with God, then no price is too high; but if you desire to seal a deal with man for wealth and privilege, check his motives.

So what does that have to do with the ups and downs of this blog?  I desparately want to seal a deal with God, but I don't know what the deal is.  I have decided I must pursue my desire for ministry but definately not for wealth and privilege though I wouldn't frown on it if it came my way.  I just pray that my desire is given to me by God. I pray to fulfill His purpose for me.

So what's next? I plan to offer myself as a guest speaker. I have more than 10 years of experience in Children's and Preschool Ministry and feel strongly that I can provide age appropriate, fun and relevant faith messages to youth, parents, and women's organizations. I have been in development of the DesignD ministry for more than a year. I have friends that are willing to partner with me, and friends who will be supporting me.  The time has come to seal the deal and step out on faith.  Soon I will be providing more information on DesignD and how you too can book me as a guest speaker at your next engagement.

No comments: